In their portfolio, MBO and H+H have various feeders to suit your individual production requirements and the available space. But no matter which feeder you choose – we guarantee reliable and precise guidance of the paper into your folding machine.
Feeders from MBO and H+H
- Pile feederPile feeders are ideal where space is limited and suitable for small print runs. The raisable feeder head mount ensures clear accessibility for manual loading.
- Palletized feederPalletized feeders are suitable for processing pallets directly from the printing press. They are ideal for processing large runs with one-person operation. Palletized feeders can be loaded from the rear and from the operator side, saving valuable space. The feeder head mount can be raised, thus ensuring clear accessibility for manual loading.
- Continuous feederContinuous feeders are suitable for interruption free processing of challenging paper types. They are also a desirable choice for processing pre-folded, pre-perforated or punched products. Continuous feeders are loaded manually, during ongoing production.
- UnwindersOur Unwinders are suitable for paper rolls from digital printing presses with a roll diameter of up to 52". They can be used offline and nearline.
- Vacujet RSin the palletized feederThe feeder head Vacujet RS offers exceptional ease of operation. It achieves a frequency of up to 25,000 cycles per hour. The Vacujet RS is also equipped with a new high-performance pressure-vacuum pump which regulates the air supply not continuously, but as required. This environmentally friendly solution consumes less than 50 % of the energy compared to conventional pumps.
- Vacujetin the palletized feederLike the Vacujet RS, the Vacujet feeder head is very easy to operate. Its four bellows units offer automatic height adjustment to the paper stack and thus guarantee smooth running even with uneven pallets. The Vacujet achieves a frequency of up to 22,000 cycles per hour.
- Vacustarin the pile feederThe Vacustar feeder head offers exceptional ease of operation. Based on the suction principle, it ensures reliable separation of the sheets. The height of the feeder head is adjusted automatically. The Vacustar is ideal for medium-sized formats and small print runs achieving a frequency of up to 60,000 cycles per hour.
Sheet infeed and sheet alignment systems
- Vivas(Vacubelt / Double Vacubelt and Vacutable)The complete Vivas system comprises Vacubelt or Double Vacubelt for sheet infeed and the Vacutable for sheet alignment. It ensures reliable flat sheet infeed and optimum sheet running with high throughput capacity and without marking, even when processing sensitive and freshly printed products. Vivas replaces the standard suction wheel and the ball rails.
- Vacubelt / Double Vacubeltfor sheet infeedVacubelt and Double Vacubelt are sheet infeed systems which form part of the overall Vivas system. The suction belt in the Vacubelt is divided into two zones. The vacuum can be adjusted to suit the corresponding paper quality during ongoing production and in infinitely variable increments. The Double Vacubelt is equipped with two parallel suction belts and accelerates the sheets to production speed within a very short time.
- Vacutablefor sheet alignmentThe Vacutable is a sheet alignment system which forms part of the overall Vivas system. Settings can be made at the Vacutable during ongoing production. A further advantage is that it prevents markings on sensitive or freshly printed products. This means high process reliability.
- Suction wheelfor sheet infeedThe suction wheel has a polyurethane coating which leaves no marks on the paper. The vacuum at the suction wheel can be set without the use of tools. This sheet infeed variant offers an excellent price-performance ratio.
- Ball railfor sheet alignmentThis register table has a diagonal tape for lateral alignment of the sheet. The balls are made of steel or plastic and prevent the sheet slipping out of the guide. Markings may occur on sensitive materials with this form of sheet alignment, and settings cannot be made during ongoing production. However, the ball rail is an inexpensive sheet alignment variant.
Environmentally-friendly and efficiency-enhancing advancement ot the MBO palletized feederMBO used the Alliance Days 2021 in Solms to present the latest developments in the field of palletized feeders. The research and development department at MBO wanted to develop a more efficient, environmentally-friendly solution that also works even more effectively. According to R&D Manager Sebastian König, they did just this: “The innovations affect several areas of the feeder. Among other things, we have revised the air flow, which is now much more efficient. We also use a regulated pump that only runs when needed. This saves valuable energy”.
New Vacujet / Vacujet RS feeder head
The newly developed Vacujet / Vacujet RS feeder head, a logical advancement of the Vaculift / Vaculift RS, which has been very successful on the market for many years, scores points with improved, ergonomic ease of operation. It significantly boosts efficiency and productivity. The Vacujet feeder head achieves up to 22,000 cycles per hour depending on the paper; with the Vacujet RS feeder head, up to 25,000 cycles per hour are possible. The range of applications of the new feeder head clearly stands out from the systems found on the market up to now.
Improved air flow in the palletised feeder
The Vacujet RS includes a revision of the palletized feeder. It now features improved air flow, which means increased productivity. The lifting unit has been equipped with a pneumatic cylinder, which increases its durability. The adjusting elements have also been moved further down, which simplifies adjustment and operation of the feeder for smaller people.
Environmentally-friendly, high-performance pressure-vacuum pump
The palletized feeder is also optionally equipped with a new high-performance pressure-vacuum pump which no longer regulates the air supply continuously, but adapts individually to the process and regulates it according to the exact needs. This energetically very efficient and thus environmentally friendly solution uses 50% less energy than conventional pumps on the market. The new pump is also equipped with a ventilated noise damping device which considerably reduces noise emissions.
Increased suction power during sheet infeed
The Vivas system from MBO has been ensuring reliable flat sheet infeed and optimum sheet running with high throughput capacity for years. Vivas also guarantees that there are no marks, even with delicate and freshly printed products. The double vacubelt for the sheet infeed has been modified and now has four valves with increased suction power. This allows a further increase in overall performance.
Conversion option for existing folding machines
Those who would like to benefit from the new developments do not necessarily have to invest in a new folding machine. A number of folding machines with palletized feeders can be converted. Each folding machine must be checked individually to determine if this is possible. Interested parties are requested to contact their responsible MBO dealer or contact the MBO customer centre directly.
Vacujet / Vacujet RS feeder head conversionThe newly developed Vacujet / Vacujet RS feeder head, a consistent further development of the Vaculift /Vaculift RS, which has been very successfully established for many years, scores points with improved, ergonomic ease of operation. It significantly boosts efficiency and productivity. And its range of applications raises it a clear cut above the existing systems in the market.
Depending on the paper, the Vacujet achieves a rate of up to 22,000 cycles per hour.
Depending on the paper, the Vacujet RS achieves a rate of up to 25,000 cycles per hour. It can also be optionally equipped with a new high-performance pressure-vacuum pump which regulates the air supply not continuously, but adjusted individually to the process and precisely as required. The energy consumption of this extremely energy-efficient and thus environmentally friendly solution is less than 50 % of that of conventional pumps on the market. The new pump is also equipped with a ventilated noise damping device which considerably reduces noise emissions. The Double Vacubelt of the Vivas system for the sheet infeed has also been modified and now has four valves with increased suction capacity. This allows a further increase in overall performance.
Please contact the MBO customer center to profit from the advantages of the new Vacujet / Vacujet RS feeder head and the further options (pump, Vacubelt) for your folding machine.
Vacustar feeder head conversionMore precision for your pile feeder
MBO has advanced the Vacustar feeder head to simplify the transfer of heavy paper (large sheet formats, high grammages) from the pile feeder to the folding machine.
The paper suction systems are now operated by vacuum alone. This makes control of the sheet infeed much more accurate, and the sheets can also be separated more precisely. The number of wear and tear parts can also be reduced thanks to the simplified design.
New in the Vacustar feeder head
- Improved feeding behaviour with heavy paper
- Self-controlling system with vacuum-operated spring suction cups instead of electrically switching parts
- Finer adjustment options at the sheet infeed
- Precise separation of heavy sheets
- Up to 60,000 cycles an hour
- Fewer wear and tear parts
- Easy operability
- Automatic height adjustment at the rear of the stack
The feeder head conversion "Vacustar" is suited for the T500, T520, T530, T535 buckle fold machines as well as the K530 and K760 combi folding machines, subject to an advance test. Other buckle fold and combi folding machine models on request.
If you are interested, please contact the MBO customer center.
Detailed view of a continuous feeder.
Small format device.
Lateral sheet separation blower.
Improved air flow.
The revised pump requires up to 50 % less energy.
Head of SalesYury Osipov
International Key Account Manager, Technical Sales ManagerBodo Tegtmeier
International Key Account ManagerDietmar Schrimm
International Key Account ManagerFranz Schausberger
Head of Sales H+HJannik Müller
International Key Account Manager H+HKerstin Schlegel
If you frequently have several signatures on a pallet, the MBO Autopilot might be of interest to you. It prevents mixing of the folded signatures. Click here for further information:Autopilot