MBO folding machines and features are orientated on the users – both regarding practical requirements and the variety of the paper medium. Convenience plays a major role. The simpler the processes and workflows, the more efficient becomes production. With its high performance and excellent quality, the T1120 provides the ideal preconditions for highest productivity. A broad range of folding types and individual automation options guarantee that the Perfection models live up to their names.
The equipment features of our folding machines have been especially designed for the purpose of their application. We never rest on our well-proven product development achievements but always try to recognise new requirements as early as possible. Ideally soon enough to offer you a solution before you even face the problem. Some of these special solutions can be found on the T1120.
Benefits of the T1120
- Short changeover times, e.g. due to automated buckle plates and slitter shaft cassette
- High productivity
- Broad range of folding types for more flexibility
- Absolutely marking-free production of sensitive, freshly printed products
- Double stream extension possible for higher output and reduced cutting costs
Anti-static lattice-type alignment table
Combiplate combination buckle plates in folding unit I and folding unit II
Through sheet stop in buckle 1
Low maintenance and low noise belt drive
Ring folding roller with soft PU roller coating in folding unit I and folding unit II
Spiral fold rollers with standard PU roller coating in folding unit II, folding unit III and folding unit IV
Slitter shaft cassette for single rear slitter shafts with plug bearings in folding unit I
Scoring, perforating and cutting devices for standard operations
- Palletised feeder with pile-lowering device
- Feeder head Vaculift III and double Vivas sheet infeed system, pile height 110 cm
- Format extension to 165 cm
- Extension to 6 Combiplate combination buckle plates
Spiral fold rollers for folding units II, III and IV
Noise insulation device
Slitter shaft cassette in folding units II and III
Sheet return device RFE for folding unit III
Double stream device
Strip trimming device, special strip trimming device, multiple perforating device, edge trimming device, special edge trimming device, punch perforating device
Features in detail
- Double VivasAlternative featureDouble Vivas is the reliable option for a flat sheet infeed and sheet running with high conveying power. The Vivas vacuum system replaces the standard ball rails, thus guaranteeing marking-free documents, even if sensitive or freshly printed. In order to handle all types of papers and grammages appropriately, the vacuum on the suction belt may be regulated within two zones independently of each other. Since all settings can be done during the production run, short changeover times are guaranteed.
- High-Speed-GuideStandard featureHigh-Speed-Guide for all mobile buckle folding units ensure the absolutely safe transportation of sheets – even for high speeds – thanks to their motor-driven cone-shaped rollers. Due to the non-slip drive of the folding products markings can be ruled out, even if sensitive products are processed.
- Slitter shaft cassetteStandard featureThe slitter shaft cassette can be drawn out and reduces changeover times to a minimum. In an ergonomically favourable height the cassette can be easily and quickly drawn out on the operator side. The scale on the cassette allows the precise adjustment and positioning of the knives. Moreover, all needed strippers (like e.g. strip trimming device) can be mounted directly on the cassette.
- Belt driveStandard featureThe proven MBO belt drive guarantees extremely quiet operation and long maintenance-free periods. Thanks to the auto-tensioning elements, controlling and readjusting is no longer necessary. The functionality is monitored by the machine controller. Low follow-up and operational costs make the MBO belt drive an especially efficient long-term solution.
- Noise insulation deviceStandard featureThe mandatory equipment when it comes to safety at work. The noise insulation device by MBO corresponds to the European noise insulation regulations. Apart from a maximum noise insulation and the protection of the operator, comfort and accessibility play a major role for MBO. The two-piece construction for buckle folding machines ensures free access and easiest handling.
- RFE sheet return unitAdditional featureThe sheet return unit is optionally available for the mobile buckle folding units (folding unit III). It offers more convenience for the operator by reducing the distance between the feeder and the delivery by approximately 80 %, thus making it possible that even buckle folding machines may be operated by one operator only. This results in a higher effective output, lower staff cost and a considerable reduction of required space.
Feature transfer tableThe transfer table which can be used in folding unit I enables unimagined possibilities with only one additional investment. The transfer table which is fixed at the folding unit I is equipped with a so-called alternating deflector. The alternating deflector can divide the product stream of folding unit I in turns to two sidelays in folding unit II. Therefore, the mechanical speed of folding unit II is cut in half, thus enabling this folding unit to handle a higher output of folding unit I, especially in the case of landscape size. Due to the bisection of speed a very high folding quality and a safe change of transport direction in folding unit II is guaranteed.
Therefore, for many products that can very often be produced with a high speed in folding unit I but which are then slowed down in folding unit II (due to e.g. variations in folding, difficult changes of transport direction, “flying” paper edges of thin products) the output can be increased by up to 40 %. And all of that with just one touch.
The waste paper ejector integrated in the transfer table ensures higher net outputs. Misfolded sheets or doublesheets (recognised by the ultrasonic double-sheet control) are ejected before the alternating deflector during production.
We inform users of MBO buckle folders with MS/MC control, series T460/B118, T530/B21, T535E, B21-IFF, B26E, B30E/B30A and T700P-T1420P that a modification kit which includes an update of the safety status is available. For further information, please contact: +49 (0) 7191 / 46-503 or email@example.com.