Z2/48 (65) and Z6
Knife folding unit with flexible application options
Knife folding unit Z2/48 (65)
The mobile knife folding unit Z2 with machine control M1 features a pneumatically driven knife that can be swivelled by 180°, and allows folding both from the top and from the bottom. The Z2 can be used for various application purposes. It also has the option of side fine-adjustment of the entire knife unit and, due to the larger infeed width of the Z2/65, wider formats can be processed – especially on buckle-plate folders such as folding unit II or on large combination folders such as folding unit IV, this opens up even more application possibilities.
Knife folding unit Z6
The mobile four-knife folding unit with machine control M1 and pneumatically driven knife for use on combination or buckle folders is designed for folding from the top. As an option, it has a lateral fine adjustment of the entire knife unit.
You can find more information here:
Possible applications of Z2/48 (65)
- As folding unit IV for 32 pages on combi and buckle folding machines, for manufacturing English, German and international four folds and special folding types.
- As folding unit III on buckle folding machines – the folded material can be led back to the coated control panel.
- For folds parallel to the back fold after the first and second cross fold on combi folding machines, combined with the cross carrier.
- Following saddle stitchers for the rectangular small folding of brochures and for folds parallel to the back fold (when used in combination with the cross carrier).
- As a signature folding unit for the rectangular or parellel-to-the-back small folding of products in combination with a rotary feeder, cross carrier and a delivery.
- For double gate folds on buckle folding machines after folding unit II and on combi folding machines in combination with the cross carrier.
Possible applications of Z6
- As folding unit IV for 32 pages on combi and buckle folding machines.
- On combi folding machines with the KL and Super-KTL configuration for English four-fold.
- On combi folding machines with the Super-KTZ configuration for English and German four-fold.
- On buckle folding machines, e.g. with the configuration 442 for English four-fold.
- Machine control M1 Basic
- Height adjustable
- Z2: 180° pivoted, i.e. working from top and from bottom
- Z6: working from top, not pivoted
- Machine control M1 Advanced
- Lateral fine adjustment of the entire knife unit
- Gate fold brushes