Easy operation for the B1 / 70 x 100 cm format
The K80 folder offers extreme ease of operation. It is suitable for the production of high precision, high performance production of folded products such as signatures and flyers in medium and high print run lengths. Even complicated folding patterns can be produced with absolute precision. The combi folding machine achieves technical perfection thanks to the integration of numerous MBO-specific features.
- Machine control M1 Basic in a manual K80
- Machine control M1 Advanced in an automated K80
- Feeder head Vaculift III in the palletized feeder
- Vivas (Vacubelt and Vacutable)
- Buckle plates with swing deflector
- Spiral fold rollers with hard PU in the parallel fold
- Slitter shaft cassette in the parallel fold
- Machine control M1 Advanced in a manual K80
- Combination buckle plates
- Gatefold plate
- Virotec fold rollers in the parallel fold
- Slitter shafts in the three-fold
- Buckle plates and sheet deflectors in the parallel fold and cross fold
- Fold rollers in the parallel fold, cross fold and three-fold as well as slitter shafts in the cross fold and three-fold
Machine control M1
Machine control M1 Basic
(Standard feature in manual K80)
The screen diagonal of the machine control M1 Basic is 6.9”. With the hood closed, the K80 with M1 Basic can be operated in jog mode.
Machine control M1 Advanced
(Standard feature in automated K80; optional feature in manual K80)
The screen diagonal of the machine control M1 Advanced is 15.6”. Jog mode is possible with open noise insulation and safety equipment. The machine can also be operated with two-hand operation. The M1 Advanced is compatible with the Datamanager 4.0, a software package for production planning. A fold imposition catalogue is also stored on the M1 Advanced providing support during setup.
Super-KTL in the cross fold
The machine configuration determines the possible range of fold types. In the Super-KTL configuration, there is a buckle plate after the first fold knife. This allows an additional fold to be realised parallel to the knife fold. Depending on the format, this can be a roll fold or a zig-zag fold. There is also a full slitter shaft after the KTL plate. This can be fitted with the same tools as the slitter shaft in the parallel fold.
K80 in comparison
The K70 is the entry-level model from MBO. It runs approximately 10 % slower than the K80. The K70 is available as a manual machine and has a very good price/performance ratio.
K8 / K8RS
The K8 / K8RS are the high-end folding machines from MBO, offering the highest degree of automation of all machine ranges from MBO. In addition, the K8RS is the fastest folder world-wide.